Monday, July 23, 2012

Forgotten Artist

Anton Pieck, once I heard this name I just remember paper tole or decoupage. But I had never known that he is a Dutch illustrator and had his own fairy tale park!

From a list of best-known Dutch painter, whose paintings are hanged in the museums all around the world; Vincent van Gogh, Rembrandt van Rijn or Johannes Vermeer; or illustrator like Marjolein Bastin and Dick Bruna are also well known worldwide. But I think just a few people know Anton Pieck as a talented illustrator whose works are very popular in public.

Though his works are often seen by art critics as an example of a kitsch (form of art that is considered an inferior, tasteless or worthless imitation of art) but I do like his illustration. I always like fairy tale and my childhood imagination become real through his works. These are some of his works and you can judge it by yourself. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment